I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say this:
Buying the best single coil pickups for metal can be a challenge.
It can seem like there are hundreds or even thousands of music products to choose from but there’s nothing that fits your specific needs. Oh, we know that feeling.
It sucks when you’ve got a budget to fit in and you want to find something that would be the best bang for the buck, but it’s impossible to narrow down the choices without spending hours (sometimes tens of hours) on research and reading the reviews on the best single coil pickups.
We decided that it’s time for robots to do the hard work. Here’s how:
- With the help of Artificial Intelligence, we analyzed hundreds of thousands (no kidding) of reviews from verified owners on Amazon and reputable expert sources like Consumer Reports, The Wirecutter, PCmag, and many others.
- Every product got its own rating in each category (like “best something for metal”).
- We compiled lists of the best products in every category and created lists like the one you can see below
- We shared them with the public, so you guys could make informed decisions and save time.
For this article about the Best Single Coil Pickups For Metal we reviewed and evaluated more than 180+ single coil pickupss. The AI (artificial) selected only those that received the top award. Only winners are listed below. You can see the highest overall rating of each item and a comprehensive breakdown of its characteristics.
Best Single Coil Pickups For Metal – Comparison Table
single coil pickups Reviews and Buying Guide
With more choices than ever, it can be hard to find the single coil pickups that’s right for you. And it can be frustrating to shop for the best single coil pickups for metal, hoping to find the one that can help you. But don’t worry. With our tools and guides, we can help.
We provide consumers with the information they need to get the most out of their new purchases. We’ve discussed our favorite deals and services, and sorted out the strengths and weaknesses of each variation. We’ve even pinpointed what makes a good single coil pickups, helping you identify and avoid the pitfalls of price gimmicks and overpriced music brands.
- No drop in volume in split mode
- Dead quiet / No hum
- Resistance: 5.0k
- Peak Frequency: 1450
- Inductance: 19 henries
- The Paul Gilbert Injector Neck Model has a modern rather than a vintage sound
- The DP422 is warmer and louder (160mV output) than a typical vintage single-coil — and of course it's hum-canceling
- It's also faster
- The Injector Neck Model tracks high-speed solos at high gain without becoming either thin or muddy, and has a very full, well-balanced, clean sound
- It has about 40% less magnet-pull than standard single-coils, and this is essential for the superior speed and dynamic range with which this pickup responds to pick attack
- Versatile collection of Paul's favorite tonesQuiet performanceGreat value
- Proven performanceDesigned for slanted bridge positionParallel humbucking and split-coil modes
- Tone Guide Treble: 9.5 Mid: 4 Bass: 3
- The DiMarzio DP419 Area '67 is a hum canceling pickup that has the chime of '60s pickups, and its 2 and 4 positions are light, bright and quack-happy
- The Monterey Pop Festival of 1967 was a watershed event in American music
- When it was over, the world had heard and felt the sound of a Strat in the hands of a master
- Single-coil electric guitar pickups in 1967 were bright and very clean
- An active single coil pickup loaded with an Alnico V bar magnet
- Has an unmistakable Strat sound: bright, airy, with a rich bottom end
- Eliminates noise with internal shielding and a low impedance preamp, without sacrificing a true single coil tone
- The Alnico V bar magnet allows for the output to remain balanced for a beautifully articulate tone
- The creamy mid-range warmth creates sublime blues tones that are clear, strong and expressive
- The ultimate Hot Rodded humbucker set
- Matched set of JB and Jazz Neck models
- Combination versatile enough for classic rock to extreme metal
- 4-conductor cable and wax potted
- Alnico V magnets
- Wiring: 4-conductor
- Magnet: Ceramic
- Output: 260mV
- DC resistance: 9.19 kOhms
- The two thin blades with powerful coil windings give you the incredible sustain and a fat
- full sound that?s needed for playing heavier rock music^This pickup responds to the subtlest finger movements^Available in black or white Four conductor cable^Bridge Position
- Hum bucking pickup design delivers high-volume, low-noise guitar tone
- Standard spacing
- High output drives even the most stubborn tube amps to overdrive bliss
- Bridge position alignment for amazing rhythm tone
- Strong treble detail with aggressive harmonics
- 9-volt active humbuckers deliver a less compressed tone, with a more extended frequency response
- Have less hum than the competition
- They also have more lows, more highs, and more output
- Simply put, the Blackouts have more tone than other active pickups
- All versions come with all necessary mounting hardware, including pots, jack, and a battery clip
- DP423 Paul Gilbert Injector Bridge Pickup White
- DiMarzio heard about Paul Gilbert in the 1980s
- Billy Sheehan told them about an amazing 18-year-old who had recently arrived in California and had blown everyone away with his musicianship, speed, and awesome technical ability in Racer X
- DiMarzio immediately asked Paul to become a DiMarzio endorser
- Recently, Paul has been heavily into DiMarzio's Area pickups
- Wiring: 4 Conductor
- Magnet: Alnico 2
- Output mV: 160
- DC Resistance: 8.56 Kohm
- Year of Introduction: 2010
- DCR: 0 Magnet: alnico 5 Cable: 1C + battery wire
- The Jeff Loomis Signature Blackouts bridge humbucker is custom-tuned for output, power and aggression
- Description Whether playing solo, with Arch Enemy or Conquering Dystopia, Jeff Loomis requires a bridge pickup that can handle aggressive riffs, complex chords and high-speed virtuoso lead work
- After months of prototype development and testing in the real-world environment of the road, the result is the Jeff Loomis Signature Blackouts bridge pickup
- This high-output active humbucker is designed with a low end that keeps power chords sounding big and powerful
If you buy a quality, top of the line single coil pickups from a reliable brand and pay top dollar for it, you can be assured that it will perform to your liking.
Some price-conscious users seek out the cheapest products in the market to save money. These users want to make sure they get the best value at the lowest price without being scammed.
Other users simply want to get the best products and don’t care much about price.
We rated our top single coil pickups list based on the quality first and only then price. So if you’re not sure whether you can afford an item, just click “Buy on Amazon” and check the price.
Last update on 2020-01-11 at 13:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API