I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say this:
Buying the best stepper motor driver for 3d printer can be a challenge.
It can seem like there are hundreds or even thousands of consumer electronics products to choose from but there’s nothing that fits your specific needs. Oh, we know that feeling.
It sucks when you’ve got a budget to fit in and you want to find something that would be the best bang for the buck, but it’s impossible to narrow down the choices without spending hours (sometimes tens of hours) on research and reading the reviews on the best stepper motor driver.
We decided that it’s time for robots to do the hard work. Here’s how:
- With the help of Artificial Intelligence, we analyzed hundreds of thousands (no kidding) of reviews from verified owners on Amazon and reputable expert sources like Consumer Reports, The Wirecutter, PCmag, and many others.
- Every product got its own rating in each category (like “best something for 3d printer”).
- We compiled lists of the best products in every category and created lists like the one you can see below
- We shared them with the public, so you guys could make informed decisions and save time.
For this article about the Best Stepper Motor Driver For 3D Printer we reviewed and evaluated more than 180+ stepper motor drivers. The AI (artificial) selected only those that received the top award. Only winners are listed below. You can see the highest overall rating of each item and a comprehensive breakdown of its characteristics.
Best Stepper Motor Driver For 3D Printer – Comparison Table
stepper motor driver Reviews and Buying Guide
With more choices than ever, it can be hard to find the stepper motor driver that’s right for you. And it can be frustrating to shop for the best stepper motor driver for 3d printer, hoping to find the one that can help you. But don’t worry. With our tools and guides, we can help.
We provide consumers with the information they need to get the most out of their new purchases. We’ve discussed our favorite deals and services, and sorted out the strengths and weaknesses of each variation. We’ve even pinpointed what makes a good stepper motor driver, helping you identify and avoid the pitfalls of price gimmicks and overpriced consumer electronics brands.
- TL-Smoother can effectively eliminate the mechanical chatter generated by 3D printer motors, especially for parallel arm configurations of the machine effect is significant. Lower vibration lower noise smoother result.
- On the basis of the module, add a heat sink, which can effectively solve the heat dissipation during the use of the module, reduce the hot conditions, and increase the life of the module.
- The TL-Smoother is an addon module for 3D printer stepper motor drivers. The board provides flyback diodes (freewheeling diodes) for the motor outputs, so they are also protected against inductance voltages in the unpowered state of the driver.
- You will get smoother movement especially on the delta-style 3D printer under DVR8825 stepper drivers or A4988 / 2 drivers. I3 and UM models can also be used, and different machines will have different clipping effects.
- Package Includes: 4 * 3D Printer TL-Smoother,4 * HeatSink ,4 * Du-Pont Lines
- Holding torque: 5.5 Kg-cm (54 N-cm, 76.4 Oz/in)
- Step angle: 1.8 deg
- Widely used in the 3D printing community
- High Torque: Usongshine stepper motor Adopting high quality motor steel material, is provided with high torque (42Ncm(60oz.in) ), low self-inductance reactance, responsive and can avoid system error.Low loss stators have better high speed performance.
- Low Resistance: Usongshine stepper motor can get a lower resistance value compared to motors of the same thickness and torque. This considerably increases the thermal conductivity of the motor. This effectively reduces the increase in temperature.
- Wide Application: This small stepper motors can be used in various area, such as 3D printer; stage lighting; laser engraving; textile machinery; medical equipment; placement machine; non-standard equipment; automation equipment etc.
- Excellent Service: CE certified：Each nema 17 stepper motor has undergone a rigorous quality control ex works . If need further please fell free contact us, we very happy to assist you.
- What You Get: The package includes 1* 38mm Stepper Motor/1pcs 1m 4pins cable and connector (Size: 42mm X 42mm X 38mm/1.65''x1.65''x1.49'' ,NEMA 17 bipolar 4-wire:Black: A+, Green: A-, Red: B+, Blue: B-
- TMC2208 is an ultra-quiet two-phase stepper motor drive chip, continuous drive current 1.4A, peak current 2A, voltage range 4.75V-36V, 256 subdivision.
- The flexible microPlyer interpolation unit provides up to 256 subdivisions, allowing perfect sinusoidal control even in systems with limited pulse frequencies; faster motor acceleration/deceleration than stealthChop, these are also designed because stealthChop2 ultra-quiet technology is widely applied to 3D printing.
- Compatible with existing 3D printer electronics, With a standard step/dir interface, it is easy to use. It can replace the original TMC2100 A4988 DRV8825 LV8729.
- Major Features: UART configuration interface, CoolStep current dynamic adjustment technology, can save 70% of the energy; dcStep , stallGuard2 stall detection technology, Components on bottom PCB side for better heat emission; Automatic standby current reduction.
- Warranty: each one defective item can have the free replace or refund within 1 month, lifetime technical service.
- An addon module for 3D printer stepper motor drivers
- Lower vibration lower noise smoother result
- Provides flyback diodes (freewheeling diodes) for the motor outputs
- Against induction voltages in the unpowered state of the driver
- Help to get smoother movement, especially work with the delta-style 3Dprinter under DVR8825 or A4988 drivers
- 1.The performance of the ARM-class Cortex-M3 series LPC1768 main control chip with 32-bit frequency and 100MHz is greatly improved;Reserve the extended port SERVOS of the PWM signal to support BL Touch;
- 2.Equipped with highly modular open source firmware Marlin2.0 and Smoothieware, it is convenient for users to DIY and secondary development, eliminating the worries of not being able to master the core code;
- 3.Onboard TMC2130 driven SPI mode of operation and TMC2208 driven UART mode,The utility model eliminates the complicated wiring process and can be used only by simply plugging and unplugging the jumper cap;
- 4.The high-performance MOSFET tube has better heat dissipation effect; it supports functions such as power-off continuous shooting, material cut detection, and shutdown;Use the power selection design ,to separate the USB power supply from the switching power supply, effectively avoiding short circuits,Causes the computer's USB port to be burned;
- 5.Product instructions link: https://github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-V1.3
- Thress steppers in one kit for more saving
- High torque motor for 3D printer and CNC
- Precisely machined full metal body
- High quality black powder paint
- "D" shaft for easy and secure coupler connection
- -The module has a pinout, it can be used as a better performance of the pull-down menu board replacement in many applications
- -DRV8825 features an adjustable current limit, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, six micro-resolution (down 1/32-step)
- -It uses 8.2 - 45 V, can provide up to about 1.5 per phase no heat sink or forced air flow (rated up to 2.2 per volume sufficient additional cooling)
- -Intelligent chopping control automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- -Built-in voltage regulator (the need for any external logic supply voltage)
- It is upgrade of A4988, 4-layer PCB for improved heat dissipation and decrease chip resistance
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Stepper Motor Driver (Header Pins Soldered) is a breakout board for DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver
- Could be operated from 8.2V to 45V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5A per phase. It comes with 0.1"-pitch male header pins installed
- Six different stepping resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step,1/32-step
- This Kit NOT Include Motor and Instruction manual, we need to DIY 🙂
- This Bowden Extruder can replace MK8 Extruder
- Suitable For Remote and Short distance
- For 1.75mm Filament
- Made by WINSINN, make sure the "WINSINN" label on the box for our after-sales service.
- DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Module
- 45 V maximum supply voltage
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Simple step and direction control interface
Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer
Simple step and direction control interface.Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step,eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
Thermal protection,under-voltage lockout,and crossover-current protection,ground fault protection
Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
NOTE:If the load is large, remember to add the heat sink. Otherwise the chip will hang up due to overheating
- Simple step and direction control interface,Take anti-static measures before you use the A4988 modules in case of short-circuit
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step. Output drive capacity of up to 35 V and ± 1.2 A
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
- TMC2208 V2.1 motor current can be arbitrarily set by firmwarev
- Work mode: PASS / DIR / UART
- Microsteps can be set arbitrarily by firmware (up to 256 actual microsteps)
- When the motor is not moving, the motor standby current can be dynamically reduced (via UART)
- Compared with TMC2208 V2.0, V2.1 adopts the high quality flat gold finish,which is more stable,has strong oxidation resistance and better heat dissipation.
If you buy a quality, top of the line stepper motor driver from a reliable brand and pay top dollar for it, you can be assured that it will perform to your liking.
Some price-conscious users seek out the cheapest products in the market to save money. These users want to make sure they get the best value at the lowest price without being scammed.
Other users simply want to get the best products and don’t care much about price.
We rated our top stepper motor driver list based on the quality first and only then price. So if you’re not sure whether you can afford an item, just click “Buy on Amazon” and check the price.
Last update on 2020-01-11 at 13:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API