I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say this:
Buying the best lens for action shots can be a challenge.
It can seem like there are hundreds or even thousands of consumer electronics products to choose from but there’s nothing that fits your specific needs. Oh, we know that feeling.
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM II Super Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
It sucks when you’ve got a budget to fit in and you want to find something that would be the best bang for the buck, but it’s impossible to narrow down the choices without spending hours (sometimes tens of hours) on research and reading the reviews on the best lens.
We decided that it’s time for robots to do the hard work. Here’s how:
- With the help of Artificial Intelligence, we analyzed hundreds of thousands (no kidding) of reviews from verified owners on Amazon and reputable expert sources like Consumer Reports, The Wirecutter, PCmag, and many others.
- Every product got its own rating in each category (like “best something for action shots”).
- We compiled lists of the best products in every category and created lists like the one you can see below
- We shared them with the public, so you guys could make informed decisions and save time.
For this article about the Best Lens For Action Shots we reviewed and evaluated more than 180+ lenss. The AI (artificial) selected only those that received the top award. Only winners are listed below. You can see the highest overall rating of each item and a comprehensive breakdown of its characteristics.
Best Lens For Action Shots – Comparison Table
lens Reviews and Buying Guide
With more choices than ever, it can be hard to find the lens that’s right for you. And it can be frustrating to shop for the best lens for action shots, hoping to find the one that can help you. But don’t worry. With our tools and guides, we can help.
We provide consumers with the information they need to get the most out of their new purchases. We’ve discussed our favorite deals and services, and sorted out the strengths and weaknesses of each variation. We’ve even pinpointed what makes a good lens, helping you identify and avoid the pitfalls of price gimmicks and overpriced consumer electronics brands.
- FOCUS: Focal length: 135mm / Minimum focus distance of 27.5”
- APERTURE: Aperture range: f/1.8 to f/22 / 11 blade aperture design
- TYPE: 35 mm full frame format Sony E-mount lens
- ZOOM: 0.25x maximum magnification
- OPTICS: Nano Anti-Reflective Coating technology / 13 lens elements in 10 groups
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM II Super Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lens
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 27-450mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22
- Three Aspherical and Three ED Elements
- One of the most anticipated lenses from the Sigma global Vision line, The Sigma 70-200mm F2. 8 DG of HSM sports is the new flagship large-aperture telephoto zoom lens that meets the most stringent needs Of professional photographers.
- 24 70 millimeter focal length, 38.4 112 millimeter equivalent focal length on Canon APS C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ring type ultrasonic type AF motor with full time manual focusing
- 82 millimeter filters, Closest Focusing Distance: 0.38 meter/1.25 feet
- Image Stabilization : No. Focus Adjustment Inner focusing with USM. Diagonal Angle of View 84° 34°. Weight 1.7 pound
- Purchase this product between May 1, 2016 and July 30, 2016 and get 13 months of free damage protection from Canon. The product must be registered within 30 days of the purchase date to be eligible
- The Canon EF200mm f/2L IS USM Telephoto Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras.
- It realizes a large aperture of f/2
- 70-200 mm focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture
- Lens construction consists of 23 elements in 19 groups (1 fluorite and 5 UD elements)
- 34-Degree - 12-Degree diagonal angle of view
- Inner focusing system with USM and full-time manual focus option
- 77 mm filter size. Extenders Compatible
- Constant f/2.8 Maximum Aperture throughout Entire Zoom Range.
- Canon’s Air Sphere Coating (ASC) Minimizes Ghosting and Flare.
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 3.5 Stops* of Shake Correction.
- Fluorine Coating on Front and Rear Elements to Help Reduce Smears and Fingerprints.
- Highly Resistant to Dust and Water, and Improved Durability Even in Harsh Conditions. Inner Focusing System with Ring Ultrasonic Motor. Full-time Manual Focus. One Fluorite Element and Five UD Elements for High Image Quality. Minimum Focusing Distance of 3.9 ft./1.2m.Diagonal Angle of View: 34° - 12°
- What's Included : EF70-200mm f:2.8L IS III USM , Lens Cap E-77II, Lens Dust Cap E, Lens Hood ET-87, Lens Case LZ1326
- Minimum Focus Distance-3.6ft.(1.1m)
- Diaphragm blades: 9. Format : FX/35mm. Minimum Aperture : f/ 22
- Focus distance indicator- 1.1 m to ∞
- Accepts Filter Type:Screw-on
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- Rotation-type zoom ring allows for more precise composition and excellent balance when handholding
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension, Focal Length & Maximum Aperture:100-400mm 1:4.5-5.6, Closest Focusing Distance-3.2 ft. / 0.98m
- New Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting, Highly resistant to dust and water, and amazing durability enabling shooting even in harsh conditions
- German (Publication Language)
- Full Frame Lens with APS-C compatibility
- Compact size meets strong image quality
- Ideal Use: Travel photography, wildlife photography, nature photography and bird photography
- 4 Year USA Warranty
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Fast f/2.8 constant aperture with an electromagnetic diaphragm
- Sensational image quality and sharpness with virtually no distortion, Focal Length Range : 24 to 70 millimeter
- Minimum Focus Distance : 35 to 50 millimeter focal length : 1.2 feet (0.38 meter) from focal plane; 24, 28, 70 millimeter focal lengths : 1.3 feet (0.41 meter) from focal plane; Dimensions : Approx; 88.0 millimeter maximum diameter x 154.5 millimeter (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- 4 stops of Vibration Reduction for handheld and low light shooting, Nonstick glass makes it easier to wipe off water, dirt and smudges
- Evolution of Nikon's legendary 24 to 70 millimeter workhorse.Type:Fmount, Type E AF S lens with built in CPU and F mount.Lens Elements:20
- Offers OS (Optical Stabilization
- Two FLD Glass Elements
- Fast Focus
- FX format compatible. Mount Type Nikon F Bayonet
- Focuses as close as 5.7 feet during AF operation
- Vibration Reduction
- Approx. 95.5 millimeter maximum diameter x 203 millimeter (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Approximate weight: 3.5 pounds (1570 grams)including tripod collar based on CIPA guidelines. Approximate weight: 1480 grams (3.3 pounds) without tripod collar
- 200-400mm f/4G AF-S super-telephoto zoom lens is perfect for sports and wildlife shooting; offers constant maximum aperture
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible
- Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths
- 4 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements; Three Focus Modes; Internal Focus (IF)
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM); Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
If you buy a quality, top of the line lens from a reliable brand and pay top dollar for it, you can be assured that it will perform to your liking.
Some price-conscious users seek out the cheapest products in the market to save money. These users want to make sure they get the best value at the lowest price without being scammed.
Other users simply want to get the best products and don’t care much about price.
We rated our top lens list based on the quality first and only then price. So if you’re not sure whether you can afford an item, just click “Buy on Amazon” and check the price.
Last update on 2020-01-11 at 13:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API