I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say this:
Buying the best foundation for black women can be a challenge.
It can seem like there are hundreds or even thousands of beauty products to choose from but there’s nothing that fits your specific needs. Oh, we know that feeling.
- Light coverage
- Matte finish
- For all skin types
It sucks when you’ve got a budget to fit in and you want to find something that would be the best bang for the buck, but it’s impossible to narrow down the choices without spending hours (sometimes tens of hours) on research and reading the reviews on the best foundation.
We decided that it’s time for robots to do the hard work. Here’s how:
- With the help of Artificial Intelligence, we analyzed hundreds of thousands (no kidding) of reviews from verified owners on Amazon and reputable expert sources like Consumer Reports, The Wirecutter, PCmag, and many others.
- Every product got its own rating in each category (like “best something for black women”).
- We compiled lists of the best products in every category and created lists like the one you can see below
- We shared them with the public, so you guys could make informed decisions and save time.
For this article about the Best Foundation For Black Women we reviewed and evaluated more than 180+ foundations. The AI (artificial) selected only those that received the top award. Only winners are listed below. You can see the highest overall rating of each item and a comprehensive breakdown of its characteristics.
Best Foundation For Black Women – Comparison Table
foundation Reviews and Buying Guide
With more choices than ever, it can be hard to find the foundation that’s right for you. And it can be frustrating to shop for the best foundation for black women, hoping to find the one that can help you. But don’t worry. With our tools and guides, we can help.
We provide consumers with the information they need to get the most out of their new purchases. We’ve discussed our favorite deals and services, and sorted out the strengths and weaknesses of each variation. We’ve even pinpointed what makes a good foundation, helping you identify and avoid the pitfalls of price gimmicks and overpriced beauty brands.
- MAC Mineralize Moisture Fluid SPF15 Foundation NC25
- Formulated with skintone correcting pigments.
- It delivers medium-to-full coverage
- Cover imperfections and redness
- MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE FOUNDATION: For a natural looking medium coverage liquid foundation makeup, look no further. In 40 shades, you'll find a fit for every skin tone. Best for normal to oily skin; refines pores for a natural looking matte finish.
- A SHADE THAT FITS ME: Maybelline Fit Me liquid foundation provides coverage for a wide array of skin tones, from Ivory to Mocha. Use as a full face foundation with buildable coverage for a flawless, natural-looking, "I woke up like this" finish.
- MAYBELLINE FIT ME FOR A FLAWLESS FACE: With Matte + Poreless foundation or Dewy+ Smooth foundation with SPF 18, concealer, finishing powder, bronzer & blush, Maybelline New York Fit Me collection has everything you need to put your best face forward.
- MAYBELLINE HAS WHAT YOU NEED to create any look--foundation, bb creams, concealers & highlighters to create a perfect canvas, eyeshadows, brow pencils & eyeliners for any eye look & lip products, from showstopping matte lipstick to au natural lip balms.
- REMOVE MAYBELLINE MAKEUP WITH MICELLAR WATER: Use Garnier Micellar Water as a gentle makeup remover at night, and as a facial cleanser in the morning to prep skin for Maybelline makeup.
- Our Mission - To develop shades that match each person's unique skin tone - True Match is backed with over a decade of research to formulate the 45 true-to-you shades that span light to deep and warm, neutral and cool
- Our Science - The True Match formula contains five pure color pigments for the most true-to-you shade match - Ultra-marine blue pigments allow the formula to go deeper, and brightening pigments boost the color's vibrancy
- Our Makeup Result - The hydrating formula provides medium coverage and a natural finish - True Match is so blendable, it's like you can't tell where your foundation ends and your skin begins
- Our Shades - True Match goes beyond matching skin tone, to matching skin's undertone, light to dark and warm, neutral and cool undertones for a true-to-skin result
- Our Formula - True Match is formulated with Pro-Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E to help keep skin looking healthy and radiant - it is free of oils, fragrances and won't clog pores
- Our cult-favorite liquid, matte finish foundation is lightweight and specifically made for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine
- The formula is oil-free and fortified with SPF 15, to help protect your skin
- Provides medium-to-full, buildable coverage
- Feels comfortable and wears up to 24 hours
- Offered in 43 shades ranging in light, medium, and deep
- Get the perfect skin for up to 15 hours with this base that is the secret of the photo shoots.
- Its formula covers imperfections using light diffusing beads
- Delivers full to medium coverage with natural-looking, moisturized and oil-free skin.
- Light coverage
- Matte finish
- For all skin types
- Liquid foundation
- Applies smoothly and enhances the natural undertones of the skin
- Ideal for all skin types
- Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation AMBER, 1.35 oz.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 7 Almond
- It is a lightweight foundation
- Provides long-lasting moisture
- Protects against dryness
- Coverage: Full Skin type: Combination Oily Finish: Matte
- What it is: A modern-matte, blurring foundation with weightless full coverage that provides sweat-proof all-day wear, long-lasting shine control, environmental protection, and a finish that will not oxidize.
- COLOR: N100 - for deep skin with neutral undertones
If you buy a quality, top of the line foundation from a reliable brand and pay top dollar for it, you can be assured that it will perform to your liking.
Some price-conscious users seek out the cheapest products in the market to save money. These users want to make sure they get the best value at the lowest price without being scammed.
Other users simply want to get the best products and don’t care much about price.
We rated our top foundation list based on the quality first and only then price. So if you’re not sure whether you can afford an item, just click “Buy on Amazon” and check the price.
Last update on 2020-01-11 at 13:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API