I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say this:
Buying the best all terrain tire for snow and ice can be a challenge.
It can seem like there are hundreds or even thousands of automotive products to choose from but there’s nothing that fits your specific needs. Oh, we know that feeling.
- Goodyear WRANGLER RADIAL OWL P235/75R15
- All weather traction
- Enhanced handling
It sucks when you’ve got a budget to fit in and you want to find something that would be the best bang for the buck, but it’s impossible to narrow down the choices without spending hours (sometimes tens of hours) on research and reading the reviews on the best all terrain tire.
We decided that it’s time for robots to do the hard work. Here’s how:
- With the help of Artificial Intelligence, we analyzed hundreds of thousands (no kidding) of reviews from verified owners on Amazon and reputable expert sources like Consumer Reports, The Wirecutter, PCmag, and many others.
- Every product got its own rating in each category (like “best something for snow and ice”).
- We compiled lists of the best products in every category and created lists like the one you can see below
- We shared them with the public, so you guys could make informed decisions and save time.
For this article about the Best All Terrain Tire For Snow And Ice we reviewed and evaluated more than 180+ all terrain tires. The AI (artificial) selected only those that received the top award. Only winners are listed below. You can see the highest overall rating of each item and a comprehensive breakdown of its characteristics.
Best All Terrain Tire For Snow And Ice – Comparison Table
all terrain tire Reviews and Buying Guide
With more choices than ever, it can be hard to find the all terrain tire that’s right for you. And it can be frustrating to shop for the best all terrain tire for snow and ice, hoping to find the one that can help you. But don’t worry. With our tools and guides, we can help.
We provide consumers with the information they need to get the most out of their new purchases. We’ve discussed our favorite deals and services, and sorted out the strengths and weaknesses of each variation. We’ve even pinpointed what makes a good all terrain tire, helping you identify and avoid the pitfalls of price gimmicks and overpriced automotive brands.
- All-Season Off-Road Traction Tire
- The most extreme all-season, off-road tire Cooper offers to date
- Provides remarkable off-road performance without sacrificing on-road traction
- Tread design helps to prevent stone retention
- Armor Tek3 construction for added tire durability
- The shoulder of the tire was designed with soft surface cleats and mud scoops
- All-terrain, any-weather rugged capability
- Heat diffuser technology in the lower sidewall dissipates heat to protect the internal tire components. Keeping this critical area of the tire cool ensures vehicle stability even when towing or carrying heavy loads.
- 3D Canyon sipe technology interlocks the shoulders to resist wear from high torque as well as providing additional handling stability.
- Rugged and rigid tread blocks feature support ramps and step-down features that provide tread-pattern rigidity in the contact patch, enhancing vehicle stability and handling while also preventing stones from becoming trapped in the grooves.
- Aggressive upper sidewall along with offset shoulder blocks protect the tire from sharp rocks and provide additional off-road traction at low tire pressures or in off-camber situations.
- CoreGard Technology: Tougher Sidewall Rubber: Split & bruise resistant sidewall rubber, derived from BFGoodrich's race proven Baja T/AKR2 tire. Thicker, Extended Shoulder Rubber: Increased rubber thickness, extending down the sidewall to protect more of the critical sidewall failure zone. Advanced Deflection Design: Computer predicted object path design deflects protruding objects from snagging & splitting the sidewall.
- Specially formulated tread rubber: Optimally blended to reduce chip and tear for superior gravel road endurance. Advanced tire footprint shape: results in more evenly distributed stress, for longer more uniform wear. Interlocking Tread Design: provide increased tread block stability, for more even wear over the long haul Stone Ejectors: Rejects stone retention & provides extra tread cleanout protection against stone drilling.
- Upper Sidewall Traction Bars: Protruding sidewall rubber blocks that provide increased mud, snow & rock traction, especially in aired-down driving situations. Mud-Phobic Bars: Raised bars in the shoulder tread area that helps to release compacted mud for enhanced traction in muddy and soft soil conditions.
- Serrated Shoulder Design: Staggered shoulder blocks that provide greater maneuverability in soft soil and deep snow conditions. Locking 3-D Sipes: 3-D active sipe technology, that provides more biting edges for significantly increased snow traction. 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake: Exceeds Rubber Manufacturer Association (RMA) Severe Snow Traction requirements.
- Nitto Terra Grappler G2 all_ Season Radial Tire-285/70R17 116T
- Coupling Joints Nitto decided to reinforce the coupling joints in the Terra Grappler G2 which connects the outer most tread blocks to the center blocks to increase the block edge rigidity
- Full Depth Sipes Terra Grappler G2 is equipped with full depth siping Not only do the full depth sipes offer a functional benefit it helps maintain the appearance of the tread design as the tire wears
- Goodyear WRANGLER RADIAL OWL P235/75R15
- All weather traction
- Enhanced handling
- Heavy duty construction
- Max load capacity(lbs):2679
- Superior wet and dry performance
- Crisp and tight steering response
- Asymmetric tread design
- Lightweight construction
- Smooth easy to clean sidewalls
- This product is not for sale in the state of Arkansas
- Class-leading performance in the mud and snow, with an angled chamfer that creates hundreds of gripping edges, and a deep, tapered tread block that promotes self-cleaning.
- Engineered for a quiet, comfortable ride, with a symmetric tread design and variable-pitch tread blocks to reduce road harmonics.
- Excellent grip and stability in inclement weather, with deep central grooves to channel rain and snow away quickly.
- For long tread wear and fuel efficiency, the dual silica compound is engineered to cool quickly and wear evenly.
- Innovative tread and sidewall design
- Developed for high powered pick-ups
- Improved bead for enhanced longevity
- Robust carcass for stable tire and optimal footprint
- Thunderer Mud Terrain Tire
- All Terrain Tire
- Maximum on and off traction
- Traction in extreme conditions
- Your purchase includes One Federal Couragia M/T Tire – 33 x 12.50R20
- Tire dimensions: Overall diameter – 32.8” | Section Width – 12.3” | Weight – 63.49 lbs. | Max load – 2600 lbs. | Load Range – E
- Rims specifications: Standard Rim – 10” | Approved Rim width – 9.5”-10.5”
- Reinforced compounds contribute to exceptional durability against cuts, chips and abrasions
- Aggressive tread design and strengthened shoulder deliver excellent traction and protection from off-road impact
- Italian (Publication Language)
- Tire only
- Modern, aggressive 5-rib all-terrain design to provide outstanding performance in both on-road and off-road driving applications.
- Silica based tread compound provides excellent wet traction and handling on the highway, while also improving cut and chip resistance in more harsh rocky and gravel terrain.
- Broken center rib improves soft surface traction without sacrificing handling.
- Dual draft tread element walls aid in reducing stone retention, stone drilling and assist in cut and chip resistance.
- All-terrain tire for jeeps, light pickups, and SUVs
- 5-row tread pattern with multiple traction edges
- Extra-deep tread pattern
- Highly-engineered acoustics for lower road noise
- Meets the severe snow service requirements of the RMA and RAC
- DiggerLugz (upper sidewall traction bars and treadclearing shoulder void bars)
- High-void tread design with larger footprint, interlocking tread elements and advanced compounding.
- Unbelievable traction for deep dirt, mud, and rocks
- Superior rock climbing and slick surface traction
- TriGard 3-ply polyester carcass guards against punctures and bruises
- Computer-optimized tread design for reduced road noise
If you buy a quality, top of the line all terrain tire from a reliable brand and pay top dollar for it, you can be assured that it will perform to your liking.
Some price-conscious users seek out the cheapest products in the market to save money. These users want to make sure they get the best value at the lowest price without being scammed.
Other users simply want to get the best products and don’t care much about price.
We rated our top all terrain tire list based on the quality first and only then price. So if you’re not sure whether you can afford an item, just click “Buy on Amazon” and check the price.
Last update on 2021-09-08 at 06:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API